I was reading an article written by “Judy Brady” written in 1971 titled “I want a wife”… Wow was Judy on to something. I almost think she was ahead of her time as women today do everything in her article and so much more, most hold a full time job as well. When this was written in 1971 most woman worked inside the home (that is a wonderful full time job in and of itself). The premise of the article is just like the topic stating all the things that she would love someone to do for her just as she does for her husband and her family as the “WIFE”.
This article really made me once again appreciate the strength and power and dedication of woman. Sadly, I think sometimes we sell our importance and value short. We get caught up in the “rut” of daily life and really do not stop to think about our incredible daily contribution. It is amazing when you stop and read and process her words how they must resonate within you as they did with me.
*** Here are a few examples of what her wife would do for her:
– Cook and grocery shop
– Care for the children in all regards
– Take time off work when the children are sick
– Make all social arrangements
– Sensitive to my sexual needs – a wife who will love me passionately and eagerly “when I feel like it” and who of course makes sure that I am satisfied.
– House work including – wash – iron
– Care for her when she is sick
– One of the real kickers is that option for if by chance i find another person more suitable as a wife than the wife I already have, I want the liberty to replace my present wife with another one…..
Wow: This would be paradise, a real dream come true. What is so amazing is that this is what we as woman do for our families and more specifically our husbands. It is because of all you amazing Moms and Wife’s that you deserve a special medal. This medal is solid, firm and will never tarnish – Just like you.
As the last line of the article says: My God, who wouldn’t want a wife
I know I would love a wife!!!