I was reading this article in Glamour magazine this week about 7 Friends we all need. As I was reading it never occurred to me to categorize my friends or breakdown the type of relationships I have with different girlfriends. I loved the premise as it really is true and I love the fact that I have people in my life who actually fit all these categories.
Here they are……
– The Kooky Friend – This person is a wonderful, amusing and loving Nut job.
– The New Friend – This is the girlfriend that the minute you met there was an instant bond and chemistry.
– The Friend you will keep for life. This “LIFELONG”Friend has been with you thru it all, seen the good the bad and beyond. She is your champion, cheerleader and biggest supporter. This relationship outlasts most marriages. ** I am blessed with this “special” friend. She and I were in our Mom’s bellys at the same time. We are 3 months apart and started our relationship in the Womb and 41 years later our bond it is still alive, well, growing and “forever”.
– The Couple Friends – Pretty much 2 for the price of one!! The best of both worlds.
The 9 – 5 Friend – This Friend keeps you sane in the insane work world!! This is the bright light in the dim day – Thank goodness for the ability to IM and express or vent to a “safe” place what you would do “if you ran the zoo”!!
– The Friends who show up. She (or they) is loyal – deep and fast to be at your side when you need them. They jump in, take charge and get things done when at the time you are unable to. ** on a personal note when my boyfriend (now husband) a US MARINE was deployed a couple years ago I had a girlfriend who called the day after he left to help me “rise and shine” not something I wanted to do for at least 6 months until his return!! She got me up and going and I am forever grateful for her knowing what I needed at the exact moment I needed it!!!
– The Friend who has been there. This Friend has been there done that and seen or experienced a lot. She is wise and full of knowledge, insight and wonderful advice.
After reading this and really thinking about it. It really hit my heart in many ways. I felt like I had a complete “friendship circle” per say I feel balanced. In all the craziness of life I know that I have wonderful women in my life who keep my grounded – alive – challenged – supported and most important give unconditional “love”
Do you have these friends…. We all should.